Some of you may recall we’ve been slowly working on this since last year. DFL46 Director Sarah Steffen, who is also chair of the fundraising committee, will bring it home! With your help, we hope to raise $2000. The online auction will be open for bidding from Dec 1-8, 2023.
Raising money is a tricky business
MN Campaign Finance laws limit us from accepting corporate donations.
This means we cannot accept money, gift cards, or items from corporations because this is considered profit sharing.
However, individuals may purchase gift cards & items, and then donate these to us.
HOW CAN YOU HELP
- Donate. We need donations and/or contributions of items, services, or experiences. Another helpful option is to underwrite the auction cost ($150). Please follow the link to donate items by Sunday, November 26th.
- Volunteer. What are you able and willing to help with? We need six (6) committee members for these tasks—calling donors, creating themed baskets, writing thank-you notes, and arranging delivery. What are you able and willing to help with?
Click HERE to
– List your donation
or click on
What has been donated so far?
– Northern Minnesota Experience: Vintage log cabin/sandy beach family getaway
– Political memorabilia
– Lunch with Sen. Latz
– Tour of the State Capitol with Rep. Youakim
– Custom-“krafted” ice cream flavor by Rep. Kraft
– Sota Clothing Co. merchandise
– Baseball collectibles
What’s in your closet (so to speak)? Outlined below are some suggested ideas.
- Gift cards – Perkins, Caribou, Dick’s Sporting, Cream & Amber, Target, Holiday Gas Station, Trader Joes, France 44, etc. The list could go on!
- Tickets to theater events, museums, zoon
- Handcrafted one-of-a-kind gifts (Do you knit? Bake? Wood carve?)
- Family adventures/vacations –Timeshare? Trip to the Zoo, Children’s Science Museum
- Artwork, antique & vintage collectibles
- Skills & Services – birdwatching, photography, interior design, carpentry, sailing, speechwriting, public speaking coaching, accounting (Tax Day), landscape design; music lessons, legal advice, etc.
- Group Experiences – whiskey/wine/beer/chocolate tastings; boat ride excursion on Lake Minnetonka
- Books – collectible/autographed
- Sports Swag & tickets – Vikings, Twins, Gophers, Wolves, Minnesota Wild, Lynx
- Coffee/tea stuff – coffee beans & grinder, cups, measurer, tea strainer
- (non) Alcohol – Wine, beer, liquor
- Convertible car – that can be used in the Edina 4th of July and/or SLP Parktacular Parades. We’d like to auction an opportunity to be the SD46 DFL Grand Marshall to lead our parade contingency.